The House Cleaning Technician (HCT) training and certification program is a comprehensive overview of best practices in cleaning. This course is designed specifically for the HCT who wants to meet the expectations of this more educated marketplace of homeowners.
4/22/2016 to 4/23/2016
April 22-23, 2016
From 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM
12712 SE 2nd Circle
Vancouver, Washington 98684
Bruce & Sarah Vance
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
- The Role of a Certified House Cleaning Technician
- Your Legal Obligation to "Care, Custody, and Control"
- Definition of "Cleaning" and "Clean"
- Impact and dangers of soil and contaminants
- The Science of Cleaning
- Chemistry of Cleaning, pH scale, Solvents, Sanitizers
- Materials and Surfaces
- Stone, wood, clay tile, vinyl, carpet, concrete, glass, stainless, and more
- Contents and Furnishings
- Caring for soft goods and textiles, window treatments and rugs, furniture finishes, appliances, electronics, collectables
- Methods and Productivity
- Value of time, motion and ergonomics
- The right tools, organization and systems
- SOP's and checking your work
- Tools and Equipment
- From aprons, brushes, scrapers and vacuums
- Pumice stone to spray bottles
- What's in your caddy?
- Slip/fall hazards, ergonomics, ladder and electrical
- Bloodborne pathogens, volitile chemicals, MSDS
- Microbes and pathogens, Hygienic cleaning, breaking the chain of infection and hand washing
- How appearance affects performance
- Organizational skills for success
- How appearance determines value
- What is the environment?
- How does it affect us?
- Who regulates?
- Who is responsible?
IICRC Certification Examination
160 multiple choice and matching questions (may include math word problems)
$65 examination fee due at time of test
Class Registration Fee: $275 per person
The class registration fee includes the two-day class, study guide and materials
(Note: An additional fee of $65 for the actual certification test is required)